Monday, August 29, 2011

Reliving your youth.

Photo's by: Memories By Melissa.

So this weekend, we got to have our nephew spend the night with us. This is actually rare for us to do. My wife, Melissa, picked him up on Friday afternoon, and brought him to our house. They stopped by our skatepark we have down here, and he got to skate for an hour or so before it was dark. When I got home, he had the Xbox going and I hopped on for a couple of rounds, which was cool because I haven't played games for awhile now. Melisa, let him get a movie to watch during dinner. It was a rated "R" movie. (go figure a 12 year old picking out an R movie lol). So we popped in the movie during dinner and it was the movie "Hall Pass". What did you know it had boobs, swearing, drinking, and everything else a 12 year old probably shouldn't be watching, Ha ha.

The next morning we woke up and made a good breakfast. We had eggs, sausage, English muffins, and cinnamon rolls. Damn that was good. While we were eating breakfast, we started the movie again since we didn't finish it from last night. Now If you haven't seen this movie let me tell you, it has some funny, but raunchy humor in it. For my wife, and I, that's fine, but not for our nephew. They were talking about faux jobs. Really?! Holy shit! The whole entire time my nephew is just busting out laughing about this, and the reaction my wife was giving. Great times.

We all went back to the skatepark, so he could do some more skating. My wife, and I, got to take some pictures. It was so much fun just watching him skate around. When I was a teenager, most of my friends were skaters. So I occasionally jumped on a skateboard too. My friends and I would have loved a place like this. We would have been at this place for hours. It was just fun watching him do tricks, just have fun.

Every once in awhile, you just have to relive your youth through new eyes. Enjoy the moment in time right now. Those are the best memories to have.





No comments:

Post a Comment