Monday, October 3, 2011

Everday I'm shufflin'. Updated.

Have you ever just been driving and you cannot find the song you want to listen to? Then all of a sudden a song comes on you're like hell ya! and start dancing and signing in the car! Everyday for me it's a fight to find just the right song. I will shuffle through a 100 songs to find the one I want. Then I'm like yup, and turn it up and start jamming. I start dancing, and singing, people driving around me are like what the fuck is that? Ha ha, I'm like whatever, I'm having fun. I remember one time I was at a red light, and Groovin - by the Rascals came on, I turned it up, and people that were crossing the street, stopped and stared, and then started smiling. I was making everyone's day just a little bit better. Then some days you're just like, why did I even get outta bed? So I try to find some pissed off music to make me feel better. My latest song for a pissed off pep talk of sorts is Korn featuring Skrillex - Get up. That is a bad ass song, it gets you going. I start yelling the lyrics, and be all sorts of pissed off, and then I feel better.

Update: I'm adding some of the lyrics to Korn featuring Skrillex - Get Up, song because I feel that it is such a good song, and needs to be heard. Just in case you haven't heard it, you can get a feeling of it here. 

I am clearly broken
And no one knows what to do
Pieces of the puzzles don't fit so I pound them into you


Times are looking grim these days
Holding on to everything
It's hard to draw the line


Shut the fuck up, get up!
Shut the fuck up, get up!
Shut the fuck up, get up! 

I can't wait to rip my eyes out and look at you
Peace through pain is precious
'specially when it's done by you


Times are looking grim these days
Holding on to everything
It's hard to draw the line
And I, I'm hiding in this empty space
Tortured by my memories

Of what I left behind 

Shut the fuck up, get up!
Shut the fuck up, get up!
Shut the fuck up, get up! 

This is an extremely good song to me, and has such raw emotions.

Music can be the support, or the release you need. I have always loved music. I remember as a kid, my mom would blast this cabinet stereo she had. She would turn on 99.9 KISW, and like AC/DC would be blaring out of the cabinet. It is some of the best memories I have of back then. When I was older, I started purchasing stereo equipment. I bought a receiver, and some speakers. I started my own ritual of blaring my music. Well one day, I guess I had it louder than what I thought because, I had a pounding at my door. I turned down the music, and the cops were there. Luckily I got a warning, but these instances would keep happening. I actually had to go to court for these "disturbances". Everything turned out fine but that would be the end of my loud stereo sessions. I won't ever forget the fun, I had.

Basically, music has a meaning, and a feeling to it. I will always love finding the new "it" song to have new memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment