Friday, September 9, 2011

Eight years of history.

Damn, it has been eight years at my job. Damn, I never thought I would see the day. This place has changed, I have changed. Looking back when I first started, I remember how scared I was being in an elevator, it would freak me out so bad. Today, I take multiple elevators at any given time ha ha. I didn't even know how to work a Nextel cellphone, I had to be taught over the radio, how to use it, then I forgot to let go of the PTT  button ha ha. Good times, good memories. I have sat in this same spot, for eight years. I have seen history unfold in front of my eyes. We have had presidents, around the area. Protestors, and everything. I am very thankful for my job, and what it has done for me, and us. I don't know where my life would be right now without this job. People have given me shit because of being here, at my job for so long. Why? This pays my bills, and provides security for Melissa, and I. My job does get stressful, and sometimes I do wish I could be doing something else. Then I think about it, and I have a routine, I have stability, and I have normalcy to look forward to.

All, and all, I am thankful, and appreciative for what I have, and for what I have done with my life. No one can ever take that away from me, and I know the people that do matter, are in fact proud of what I have accomplished. I finally made something of my life, and I am proud to say that. I just wish it wouldn't have taken eight years to realize that fact. One day maybe I can try something different, but until then I will try my hardest, to realize and appreciate what I have right now.

Do for you, not for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment