Monday, November 14, 2011

Movie Review.

So I finally got to watch, Harry Potter and The Deathly Hollows Part 2. I have been watching Harry Potter, since the beginning. I have bought all the movies on DVD, and now starting to buy them on Blu-ray. I was always fascinated with the story, and the characters. Watching the characters develop, and grow over time. It really is a fascinating story. Harry Potter, as a sheltered, shut in, kept in a closet under the stairs in his uncle's house. 4 Privet Drive to be exact. To become the world's most powerful wizard. He was always wondering why he had a lightning bolt scar, and why his parents died. He was always treated as a bastard child by his aunt, and uncle, and his cousin. He received a letter from Hogwarts, in the mail, and his uncle took it away from him. He said that Harry was not gonna be like his parents. Well you can't stop magic, and you can't stop Harry Potter, from who he's going to be either. His aunt and uncle, had this brilliant idea they could escape the magic by leaving town, and live on this island. It was Harry Potter's birthday. Harry got a visitor, Hagrid. Hagrid gave the letter to Harry. Harry, finally got to read his letter, and found out he was accepted to Hogwarts school, and he finds out he is a powerful wizard. Well cut to The Deathly Hollows Part 1. This movie changed a lot of the story. Main characters died, or got killed. You honestly think the worst. Harry, was supposed to find all the Horcruxes and destroy them. Horcruxes, when destroyed will weaken Voldemort. Harry's enemy, his parents killer, his dark equal. Cut to The Deathly Hollows Part 2. Hogwarts school comes together and helps Harry Potter. They go to war, and try to defeat Voldemort. Harry is given memories from Professor Snape. This let's Harry, know his full past.

I am not going to spoil the movie.

When the movie is over, I felt a sense of accomplishment, a sense of completion, and a sense of being left to hang. Yes you get to see what happens, but I was kinda disappointed in the ending. I really didn't know what to expect, and I really didn't see another way to end it. I guess I had my hopes up for more. Since I already invested so much time, and effort into this series. I watched all the movies a couple of times each. I watched them in sequence. I watched them from the end to the beginning. Just so I could catch all the little details, I missed the first time through. So when it came time to watch 7 part 2, I was really excited, and kinda scared to see how it ended. In the movies, you are lead to believe so many different things, then poof, it's all different. It's climatic, but anti climatic. I guess the movie did what it was supposed to do, sure, ya, but I wanted something more.

Harry Potter as a whole, is an awesome movie, and series. The absolute ending, I'm not really a fan of. But definitely see it, and, or buy it. I would recommend it to anyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment