Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Vacuum mishap.

 So Melissa, told me that our upstairs vacuum wasn't working anymore, and that it wasn't sucking anymore. Yes we have two vacuums so we don't have to carry one up and down the stairs constantly. I would recommend that for you as well. Anyways, I had to wait until the weekend, to work on it. I grab the vacuum, plug it in and turn it on. Just to make sure it actually worked. It doesn't have any suction at all. I take it down stairs. Go grab some tools form the garage, and I start pulling this thing apart. The first thing I looked at was the canister. Melissa, had emptied that already. As I was looking at all the hose's, and tubes. I didn't find anything that was wrong. I looked at the filter, and it was dirty but not as dirty as it had been before. I laid the vacuum down, and checked the hose attached to the roller brush. It was clear too. I was like what the fuck. I set the vacuum upright, and some dust fell down from where the canister attaches. I take a closer look, and I saw this fur ball thing sitting there. I was like how the hell did this get there?


 I start feeling around up there, to see if there was a way to detach this thing. I twist thing and pull it down.

We have cats now. So that is fur, and hair. The card board stuff that looks like rat's nest, is actually the cats scratching pad chunks.
 I realize that this was in fact another filter, and obviously, I had never ever cleaned this. Due to the fact, I actually didn't know it was there! Ha ha. So I cleaned this filter thing off.


 Wow what a difference. I put all these parts back together. I even took off the cover for the rolling brush as well. I get it all back together, and what do you know? It works, and it sucks better than it had since it was new. Ha ha. I washed, and cleaned all these parts off, before I put them back in the vacuum.

 So my advice, is if your vacuum is not sucking anymore, and before you pull all these parts off, check to see if you have another filter that is clogged. That will save so much time and effort. Oh well at least it was something simple, and not a broken vacuum. Sometimes it "sucks" to be the handyman. Ha ha, till next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment