Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Valentine's Day.

 So here it is again Valentine's Day. When you were younger, it was a day you got candy at school. It was a day you found out if any girls liked you, or just felt obligated. I have mixed emotions for Valentine's Day. When I was younger I wasn't "cool" or "popular". So that meant I never really got any Valentine's. I got a few here and there but nothing like the other kids. Years later I heard that class' were making kids a list of every student in class and all the kids had to give everyone a Valentine's. To me that is a good thing. It means that some little kid won't go home and cry because no one likes them for whatever reason.

 So cut to being "grown up". Now this Valentine's Day thing, gets even harder. You had to have money to take someone on a date. Like a dinner and a movie. Then get them Flowers, candy, a card, and a stuffed animal. Then after all that, you have to make sure they feel special. This is a lot of work. Some guys think that this process ends when you have a steady girlfriend, or wife. There is a little less pressure, but if you don't do all you can, they will remember this day for years to come. This can be a good thing, and a bad thing. The good is if you try harder then you did the year before, they will notice. The bad, if you don't try, they notice. So step up your game, it's worth it in the long run.

 Melissa, and I, went out on our Valentine's Day, date on Saturday. We went to the Olive Garden, and we went to go see the movie, "The Vow". It was really nice to catch up with her, and to have good conversations. I'm not saying we don't do that anyways, but some times you see it better in this type of setting.

 This year I tried something a little different. I tried to buy her some little things, and make her a home made Valentine. I saw a picture of this a couple months ago. And that's when I got the inspiration of doing this for Melissa. I studied the pictures, to find out how I wanted to attempt this. I changed mine up to make it more personal. I know Melissa, might have seen this picture also. Then I got her, her favorite seasonal treats. I just hope that she likes all of this. (I am writing this before Valentine's Day, and posting it after, so Melissa doesn't see what I made or got for her.)

 Make your Valentine's Day, a special one too.

I think I should have used a darker back ground for the tiles? But I don't know what color I would have used to make it still look good.
I noticed that some of the tiles were darker in color. There really wasn't a big selection of tiles to  choose from.
 Update as of last night. So Melissa did love this picture frame. She says now she will have to find a place to hang it. Try something new and you never know, it might be their new favorite thing you did for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment