Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Everything happens for a reason.

 So today as I was driving to work, I had an epiphany. Everything happens for a reason. All though this concept is nothing new to me, it just came to me again today. My wife and, I have been through so much in these last six years. I had a near fatal car accident, a three year plus lawsuit, and lost "friends" just to name few. Now to the average person this would be overwhelming. They would find every which way to give up. Believe me I have thought about giving up quite a few times. During the lawsuit for instance. But if I would have given up, and given in to that, I wouldn't be where I am now. My life would be completely different, and most likely it would be ruined. I HAD to go through that, to make me as strong as I am. I had to see the long process of being patient, to see it work out. I have learned so much about me, and Melissa. We are stronger now because of what happened.

 We lost the "friends" we had because we were tired of being taken advantage of. We were tired of back stabbing, competition, and one sidedness. Friendships, should not have precursors, or prerequisites. Friendship should be fun, not a chore. I have learned through the whole thing, that I DO NOT need people like that, in my life, in order for me to be happy. To me it does not matter if I only have one, friend. It only matters, if the one friend is real. Obviously I still feel strongly, about what happened to the friendship. I know that what I learned is more important, then the friendship itself.

 When you make a change in your life, and people or friends around you don't like the change, they are probably the ones that you need to change out of your life. I just need to remind myself that what I do for me, is my choice. I am making these changes for me, and me alone. You are the only one that can change your life. I am happy I made the changes I did. I have grown.

 Everything happens for a reason. It might take awhile to find the reason, but when you find it, you will know it. If you follow your gut, or your instincts, it is probably the right path or answer. Have you ever had a gut feeling, or the little voice in your head? Have you ever had a situation and you made a choice, then later after it's over, it turned out to be the wrong choice? All that means is you probably, should have followed your first gut instinct, or that little voice in your head. When you make a bad choice and are able to look back at it, you can see what you did wrong, and learn from it. You can make the right decision if you are in the same or similar instance. It's all about learning, and making yourself better. Till next time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment