Monday, February 24, 2014

Weekend review 2/22/14 - 2/23/14.

 Monday, Monday. So on Friday I got to rent Machete Kills, with Danny Trejo. Reprising their roles was Michelle Rodriguez and Jessica Alba. New characters included Carlos Estevez (Charlie Sheen) and Mel Gibson. This movie was good and it's not supposed to be taken seriously. With that in mind, I kinda was hoping it would be better than Machete. I felt like they were trying to hard to not try to hard, if that makes sense? I would still buy the movie for my collection and I'm still look forward to Machete Kills Again In Space.

 Saturday, we decided we were going have a relax day and not do anything. No errands or house chores. I decided I was going to get a few more chapters and levels of some old games under my belt. I started playing The Legend Of Zelda and The Legend Of Zelda: A Link To The Past. I found an emulator for them and have playing ever since. I did play these games when they came out but I never was able to beat them. On the Legend Of Zelda, I beat level 6. On A Link To The Past, I beat chapter 6. You know what's funny? These games are like 20 plus years old and they are still challenging, for me at least. Ha ha. My journey will continue for both of these games completions. 

 Saturday night, we I, decided we should watch the 1974 version of The Texas Chainsaw Massacre. I had seen bits and pieces of this movie before, but never the whole movie. The remakes are actually really good. The original, not so much. I was truly upset and disappointed. It was a snooze fest. Leather face, wasn't bad but the acting, the characters, just all of that was not good in my opinion. I will never watch, or buy this movie. I will buy some of the movies from this franchise, but never this one. After that we decided to find something on Netflix. We agreed on the Truman Show with Jim Carrey. This movie actually holds up well and is still an amazing movie. I love it when actors are that good, they can sell the characters to you. That's why I love movies so much, you can be transported into a different life for a couple hours and feel what the characters feel. If you have never seen The Truman Show, please check it out. 

 Sunday, we had to do chores around the house and knock out some shows from out full dvr. Nothing too exciting there. Well this has been another exciting excerpt of my weekend life. Till next time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment