Monday, July 28, 2014

Weekend review for 7/26/14 - 7/27/14.

 Friday night we rented Is Heaven For Real. It wasn't a bad movie, but it wasn't as good as I thought it could've been. Trials and tribulations are a fact I life. It's how you react, fix and move on is the key.

 Saturday 
We went to a community garage sale at a YMCA. It was actually pretty cool. There wasn't very many booths, but they had a live band and some booths were selling cold drinks. We got some stuff for the house and we had fun. After the sale we headed out for some more sales that we saw. We scored a couple more things. We saw one sign for a sale and we were like, okay let's go check it out. We drive for I didn't even know for how long. We drove down this old farm road. Passed the place so we had to turn around and when we got there it looked like the house from Texas Chainsaw Massacre

 After surviving the Texas Chainsaw Massacre house, we blasted the ac and headed to a birthday party. At the birthday party we got some good grub and tried to relax. After the party, we headed up the road to a little burger shop and got some really good chocolate malts. That was the perfect thing after being out in the hot sun. We went back our house and dropped off our goods. 

 We headed over to our friends house with narrowly making the nine o'clock deadline for Redbox. Over at out friends house, we played some games and listened to some Pandora radio off the Comcast X1. That was actually pretty cool. I actually had never tried Pandora before. It started getting late so we decided to head home. When we got home we finished watching Party Down South and headed upstairs. 

 We popped in our Netflix movie. I had seen this movie preview last year some time. We saw the preview for it in another movie. I was like, I'm moving that to the top and we're watching it. Take Shelter started playing and I warned Melissa it's going to be very slow and low budget. Of course it was really slow, but I was in it for the long haul. We got too tired and turned it off about an hour into it. 

 Sunday
We did a few house chores, had some breakfast and relaxed. We popped in Take Shelter to finish it. All in all, it was a good movie. Very slow and I was thinking of it was a Noah's Ark type metaphor? I'm glad I watched it. And General Zod, Michael Shannon, is actually a pretty good actor and really could sell his part.  Melissa asked me to hook up Pandora on our X1. I made an account and picked some nice classic rock station. After I mowed the lawn it was time to barbecue. We turned on our Pandora X1 app and we were set. We made an amazing shish kabob with some peppers and onions. It was so good, there was no time for pictures. Ha ha. I hope you had a great weekend, I know we did. Till next time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment