Monday, November 10, 2014

Weekend review for 11/8 - 9/14.

 It's time for the weekend review, let's begin then. Friday night, we watched Don't Be Afraid Of The Dark, as our continuing horror-screw happy holiday- a-thon horror movie queue. This was a PG 13ish type movie, but doing research it's actually rated R, weird. It wasn't that good of movie, maybe if I was a kid watching it would have been good, who knows?

 Saturday, we headed out to the movie theater and we watched Interstellar. It was an amazing movie. I loved all three hours and ten minutes of it. I actually wanted a half hour to 45 more minutes more of the movie because it was so good. Mathew McConaughey, is a brilliant actor. He makes his character so believable, you actually feel like it is you making these gut wrenching decisions. I won't give anything away from this movie, you have got to see it. There are other huge name actors and actresses in it. Anne Hathaway, Matt Damon and Jessica Chastain, just to name a few. I give it 10 stars, two thumbs up and I will be buying this the day it releases. I saw a preview for Exodus: Gods And Kings. It's another religious movie in the vein of Noah. This is the story of or a take on the story of Moses. I will be seeing this movie as well. There is something about these movies, let it be religious or not, that I have always wanted to see. The Ten Commandments, is another movie that I liked. I really need to re-watch it. From what I can remember as a kid, it was a good movie. After the amazing emotional roller coaster of a movie, we went and had an amazing dinner at La Hacienda. Great food, great conversations were had by all.

 We headed over to Fred Meyer's to look at their Christmas decorations. Well that didn't necessarily ruin our night, but we were disappointed by their selection. We did see this amazing, at least two foot diameter, Christmas tree bulb yard decoration. It was really cool, it looked like a smaller version of the Rockefeller Center decorations. I all sounds amazing right? Well what wasn't amazing was the $300 dollar price tag, ouch. We passed that up and kept moving. We got home and I started watching Z Nation. Have I ever told you I hate filler episodes? Well, just so you know, I hate filler episodes. It's the episodes were nothing actually important happens and it actually doesn't need to be shown. After that, I popped in Earth To Echo. I didn't think it was too bad, but it could be better. It reminded me of an E.T. reboot, mixed in with Super 8 and *batteries not included.

 Sunday, we did our normal house chores. Sunday night, we made an amazing dinner. We had some meatballs, potato salad and some home made cake. I could have ate the whole crock pot full of meatballs. I watched Mutant World, a SyFy channel movie. It wasn't bad, I felt it needed a little bit more on the characters, what happened during the disaster and more on what happened after the movie. I guess I'm on a more detail kick, but I really feel with the ADD movies, you're actually missing out on stuff. I hope you had a good weekend that was not filled with fillers, till next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment