Monday, December 15, 2014

Weekend review for 12/13 - 14/14.

 Friday night, I got Slurpees. Melissa got movies from Redbox. We got, Guardians Of The Galaxy, Deliver Us From Evil and How To Train Your Dragon 2. So Melissa watched Deliver Us From Evil, while I watched Guardians Of The Galaxy. Guardians was a good movie. It seemed like it was a separate entity from the other Marvel movies though. The only tie ins where obviously Thanos and The Collector, but other than that, seemed not connected to me. I will have to buy it now for my Marvel collection and I'm not upset about it. It doens't change my mind about second tier Marvel movies, but I will be less critical about them, give them more of a chance, I will watch them. Zoe Saldana did good to me in her part. Vin Diesel as Groot was funny. And the after credits scene with Howard the Duck was interesting. I remember a completely different Howard the Duck. Side note, after doing some research, I guess it's actually the same Howard the Duck? It's going to be interesting to see how these other non Avenger movies do.

 Saturday, we popped in How To Train Your Dragon. It was actually really good. I did notice they changed the village and of course the cg was amazing. After a little bit, we went upstairs and wrapped some presents. After presents we took off and went to a couple stores for some miscellaneous wrapping supplies. After that we headed over to our friends house. We handed them their gifts and we got ours. I don't know if you remember me talking about some sweet Marvel ornaments or not.


 Well our friend decided she would hunt down not only the Marvel ornaments, but the DC ones too. Lo and behold the superhero Christmas tree.

 After their house, we all headed to the Holiday Tour Of Lights. We had never been to this before and we thought it might be fun and less of a travel then Seattle for the Point Defiance Zoo lights. So we got our tickets and stood in line for about an hour or so? We got on the train and we were on our tour. It was a little foggy and it started to get cold. Over the hills and through the woods we go, to see all the little lights, to and fro, back and forth. It was fun and I'm glad we did it. I think we will actually go back next year. After the train ride, we headed into their restaurant and had some dinner. We were told by our friends that the tater tots were so good, you would want another order. Well we decided to get a burger and some tater tots. The burger and tots were really good. After dinner, we headed home and wrapped some presents. After presents we watched The Santa Clause with Tim Allen. After the Santa Clause we headed upstairs to watch our Horror movie fest movies. We popped in Hatchet 2 and The Dead. I only picked Hatchet II because of Danielle Harris. Hatchet 1 was horrible and Hatchet II was about the same. I couldn't tell if it was supposed to pick exactly were the first one left off or if it was a later date. They changed the Crowley monster even. Whatever, Kane Hodder is actually Jason from Friday the 13th movies, that's crazy, I didn't know that. Well, Hatchet III is on our horror movie queue, because you can't not watch a trilogy. After Hatchet, Melissa fell asleep and I started watching The Dead. It started out really slow, but I gave it a chance. The whole movie was slow, acting wasn't horrible, but the movie was just so slow and the zombies moved like Romero's first, Of The Dead movies, which is fine, but people weren't scared. It was really weird. I fast forwarded towards the end and I still watched another half hour of it. You have to give all B  movies a chance, because you never know when it will a great movie.

 Sunday, we had our house stuff to do, plus I had to clean out the bathroom fan./vents. Boy was that fun. We have our cats and we love them, but the fan in the bathroom does not love the cat litter dust. It was literally, caked on the blades. After we did some chores, we wrapped some more presents and we finished. You might be thinking, holy shit that's a lot of presents. Well yes it is, but we have numerous people to buy for. After presents, we watched The Santa Clause 2. ABC Family, has been having Christmas movies every single day. Next year, we will actually buy The Santa Clause trilogy on DVD, but for right now, ABC Family works for us. We watched a couple Sunday shows and that was our weekend. I hope you had a good weekend, till next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment