Monday, August 15, 2011

A childhood memory.

When I was a child, I remember watching this movie. It was called The Dark Crystal. It was made, and directed by Jim Henson. It was released in 1982. I don't remember the actual age I was when I first saw this movie, but it blew me away. I would always watch show's like The Muppet's, and Fraggle Rock. I really liked the puppetry, and just how much fun it was. So when I saw The Dark Crystal, it was amazing. When I first watched it I didn't quite understand it, but throughout the years I would re watch it, and understand more. Jim Henson was an amazing person, with an amazing imagination, he passed away May 16, 1990. Way too soon if you ask me. The Dark Crystal, always kept my imagination, and I would think about the movie, and the characters. Later on in life, I was in a store, and was looking at some action figures. I saw a box and it said The Dark Crystal, I walked over to the boxes, and grabbed them. They were the characters Jen, and Kira, from the movie, I grabbed the boxes down, and just stared at them. I was blown away by the details. It was like looking at them straight from the movie. I bought them both, and have been happy ever since. Below are some pictures of them, I hope you enjoy them, as much as I have. To relive some good childhood memories is the best feeling.  


Jen



Kira



No comments:

Post a Comment