Monday, August 8, 2011

A new year's resolution in August.

I am going to keep myself from bad situations. I am going to remove bad people, and bad energy from my life.

A quote I saw from one of my really good friends:
"There comes a time in life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh and love you for who you are. Forget the bad, focus on the good. Love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living."
These are truly words to live by. I really have learned this the hard way. I have had a "friend" in my life for 20 years! This person was never a true friend to me. I have distanced myself from him and our friendship. We will no longer be friends, and I'm ok with that. This is a new beginning, and a new direction for me, and I am in uncharted territory. I don't know where my life will take me from here on out, but I have some really good, genuine, true friends, and a loving caring wife that has always been on my side. That's more support then some other people get when they are going through rough times. I am truly grateful, and thankful for all of them. Thank you guys, you mean the world to me, and I will show you more often. 
Breaking out from a rut, in your life is the hardest thing to do. That's why most people don't do it. They just keep the same negative, unsupportive, people around. It's ok to try new things, or meet new people. We all deserve to be happy, and have friends that truly care about us. Being a friend shouldn't be a workout, it shouldn't be hard. 
For the love of yourself, because that's what matters most. Try and be happy. If you work on yourself first, everything else will be a little bit easier. These new steps for me, will be hard only if I let it be.

No comments:

Post a Comment