Friday, October 7, 2011

Redbox misadventure.

So this morning Melissa, and I were talking and we wanted to rent some movies. I remembered that we got a Redbox machine closer to our house, yay. I went to Redbox.com created an account, and setup my favorites machines including the new one closer to my house. I click that machine and start browsing. I found the 2 movies we wanted, X-Men First Class, and Scream 4. Cool, I put them in my cart checked out, I'm good to go. I leave for work, and stop by the machine to get the movies. I select Redbox.com reservation, it says swipe my card, I do, and nothing. An error message pops up. What the fuck! I try this 11 more times, and nothing. I call the customer service (very nice and helpful by the way, and in English) I tell the lady what's going on, give her my info, and she says, "Sir, I'm sorry your reservations are at another machine" I'm like what the hell (to myself, I'm not going to yell at this lady for my mistake) I said, "OK, thank you" She says, "They are in machine "A" at this location" I say, "Thank you, again" I go to the machine "A" swipe my card, and guess what? Nothing, fucking happens! I swipe my card 3 more times, and nothing. I go to machine "B" swipe my card, voila got my movies. I am so pissed off at this point, it's raining, it's windy, oh and that's right, I AM HEADING TO WORK! I have a 50 minute drive.

Moral of the story? double check what machine you reserved from! No ones to blame for this but myself. I am not blaming Redbox in any kind of way. Redbox is a really good service, and we have not had any problems with them at all. Customer service was the best I have had in YEARS!

Till next time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment