Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Movie Review: Man Of Steel.

 Here's my first attempt this year of a movie review. My first movie I'm going to review as the title says is Man Of Steel. When I first heard of the movie I was hesitant. I heard Henry Cavill wasn't even American. I know that sounds bad but Superman is an all American hero. DC Comics published the original Superman comics starting in 1938. He was created by Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster. Zack Snyder directed this movie. He is also known for 300 and Sucker Punch among others.

 I started watching all the trailers I could find for this movie. I found one where Jonathan Kent tells a young Clark Kent that maybe he should have let the kids die. That statement blew my mind. Every single Superman movie, comic or show always has Superman as the savior. He saves everyone. So I knew this movie would be taking a different darker direction. The movie stars Henry Cavill as Clark Kent/Kal-El, Amy Adams as Lois Lane, Diane Lane as Martha Kent, Kevin Costner as Jonathan Kent, Russell Crowe as Jor-El and Michael Shannon as General Zod. The cast list is very long and but well thought out.

 I won't give anything away in this review. This movie was well done. It was an interesting take on the story of Superman from beginning to end. It was interesting to see what characters Superman is known for didn't make it into the movie and what ones did. Obviously there will be a Man of Steel 2 and that will add more characters to the list from the Superman universe. This movie makes you get to know the character of Superman again. It makes you feel like you know the struggles he's going through. I thought this movie was amazing and I can't wait for part two.

  This is the first time I can remember a movie for Superman has shown, in detail Krypton. We finally get to see the advanced technology and civilization. Jor-El is a rule breaker. We can see in the movie where Clark gets it from. In this movie Jonathan Kent in stills that Clark will have the weight of the world on his shoulders. 

 The digital effects are amazing. There is throwbacks to earlier adaptations of Superman. Faster then a speeding bullet for instance. I do wish they would have made Superman stronger, in the sense of being able to lift things or throw things. When you think of Superman, you think of the strongest person the planet has ever seen. He's basically a god amongst humans. They did convey that but I feel they could have done a little more to hit that fact home. This still is one of the best Superman movies I have ever seen. I really hope that part two lives up to the first or blows the first out of the water. Below is a trailer for the movie. Check it out and then check out the movie Man Of Steel. Relive some childhood memories for a little bit and have fun. Till next time


No comments:

Post a Comment