Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Midweek update.

 Wednesday, Wednesday, what a day it is. Let's get into it. Writing: I have not worked on any stories, outlines, or anything at all having to do with it. I have had writers block and hopefully it will be un-blocked soon.

 Video games:
This will probably be my biggest video game section ever. So I have still played Castlevania 4. I have tried Terminator, Terminator 2, Batman, Golden Axe and Duke Nukem 3D for the Sega Genesis. Man, these games are hard. I feel really old and defeated. I can't even get past the first tank looking Terminator in Terminator. I can't even find a gun in Terminator 2, let alone pass the truck stop level. Duke Nukem, I need to reconfigure the controls.

 Super Nintendo:
I have tried Death and Return of Superman, Incredible Hulk, Jurassic Park, Harvest Moon, The Adventures of Batman and Robin, Terminator, Terminator 2, Aahh Real Monsters, Alien 3 and Captain America and The Avengers. Harvest Moon, I don't even know what I'm doing. I had to read a walk through to figure out how to chop stumps, smash rocks, move fences and even how to jump over fences. I'm completely lost. I haven't planted a single thing. Alien 3, I'm stuck on the first level. Aahh Real Monsters, I have to figure out how to jump properly. Captain America and The Avengers, I just have to figure all the controls out.

 Nintendo:
I have tried, Goonies, Donkey Kong, Dr. Mario, Marble Madness, RC Pro Am 1 and 2 and of Course Super Mario Brothers, The Legend Of Zelda and Bubble Bobble. Marble Madness definitely, lives up up its name. Goonies, I'm trying to figure out the controls, which should be easy since it's only the d-pad and a and b buttons. I'm trying the games that I have played in the past and trying to re-live the magic. Sometimes the magic is fleeting at best. But, it is a lot of fun remembering the past. I am going to keep finding my old games and I will beat finish them.

 Music:
I haven't found any music.

 Inspiration:


 That is a Raspberry Pi mini computer in a Nintendo case. That is inspiration and borderline obsession. Well that's all I got for this update. Find inspiration for what drives and compels you. Do research and what projects you want to attempt. You will be surprised by the confidence you get from doing research. Till next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment