Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Midweek update.

 So recently I have been talking about roms and emulators. Over the weekend I finally tried my Logitech PS3 controller on my laptop and it worked. So now I want to try a GameCube rom I have from my collection. I had no idea how involved getting an ISO unpacked was. Normally you just have zip files and Windows can normally extract them and it's fine. I have downloaded roms in zip format and ha Windows extract it and it was fine. Jeez, cut to a GameCube zip. You have to get a special zip program. I read good things about 7zip from people that use it for their raspberry pi OS's. So I downloaded 7zip and started unzipping Animal Crossing ISO. The file size is 1. something gigs. The extracted file is like 2 plus gigs.

 Needless to say this endeavour is gonna take a little longer to try out. At least I have the pieces in place. I still have to install my Logitech controller on my desktop. I tried a new emulator for Super Nintendo roms. It has the cheat options which is nice BUT you can only enable one cheat at a time for the lite version. And you can save BUT you can't load the save without paying to unlock the full version. I am trying a lot of emulators for my roms so I can have everything I want and need from them. The cheat code I used for Jurassic Park was infinite lives and it didn't work. So I don't want to buy this emulator if everything doesn't work. 

 Windows and Android emulators are completely different and it hard getting use to Android emulators and then trying to configure a Windows one. First world problems right. Ha ha.

 Music:
I have actually found another song for summer. Lana Del Ray - Summertime Blues Cedric Gervais Remix. Check it out. I think you'll like it. 

 Inspiration:
Below is a picture of my GameCube Animal Crossing running. I let 7zip do it's thing and fired up Dolphin. It was running at 60 fps. I need to figure out how to make the game screen bigger. 



 Well that's all for now. Till next time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment