Monday, July 14, 2014

Weekend review for 7/12/14 - 7/13/14.

 Friday was 94 in Seattle that meant it was going to a long hot night. We rented Non Stop from Redbox. It has Liam Neeson and Julianne Moore. They both starred in Chloe together with Amanda Seyfried. Non Stop wasn't bad, but it wasn't as good as I thought it would have been. I'm tired of alcoholic, burnt out, anti heroes. Liam Neeson, is an amazing actor, but I don't feel like this was as good as it could have been. It just felt like it's been a lot before. Passenger 57 comes to mind.

 Saturday
We woke up early so we could go to a community garage sale and our junk in the trunk sale. I have been so excited for junk in the trunk. The last few years we went, we have scored some good stuff. In the months leading up to this, I have been making a list of stuff for me to try and find. I was looking for some raspberry pi parts, games, controllers, power supplies, Game Boy games just anything I could find. Well, this year was not very lucky at all. I didn't find any parts or games. I was extremely disappointed, because I want to find as many parts as I can for as cheap as I can without having to pay for shipping. Oh well, the summer is still young and I know there will be more sales. We skipped the car show this year because it was way to damn hot to walk the car show.

 After the junk sale, we headed over to a birthday party with the family. I was ready to be out of the heat and get some food. We sat and talked for a couple hours. I got to talk about some games and consoles with a cousin. It all worked out. After the party, we headed up a few exits to eat at Dick's Drive In.

Picture by Melissa. I wouldn't get the deluxe burger anyways. It has that nasty sauce on it.

 I have been craving it. We sat in the car with the air conditioning, eating our Dick's. After we were done eating, we got a couple burgers for the road. We stopped at a gas station grabbed a few drinks and we headed to our friends house and jumped in their pool. It was very interesting to me. It was 90 plus, we got in the pool and we actually started to get cold. What the hell? After the pool, I borrowed a couple of movies from them and we headed home. Saturday night we watched Bad Grandpa .5  and we went to bed. 

 Sunday
was supposed to be 95 degrees so we decided to keep the windows shut and do our inside cleaning. I was able to work on some digital files I have been needing time for, which was nice. Later that night I went outside and braved the heat to mow the dumb lawn that hasn't died yet. Then we made an amazing stuffed pepper dinner and we tried, without success, to cool down. If you couldn't tell, I don't like the heat. I hope you had a good weekend. Here's to more garage sales and less heat. Till next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment