Monday, July 21, 2014

Weekend review for 7/19/14 - 7/20/14.

 Friday night we watched After.Life with Christina Ricci, Liam Neeson and Justin Long. It has some huge name actors in it and I didn't think it would be a "b"movie. The premise was okay and they acted quite well. What I took away from the movie is, Liam Neeson needs to be the "Tall Man" from Phantasm in a reboot. That would be amazing. If you haven't seen Phantasm definitely check it out.

 Saturday 
We had a friends wedding to go to. So we spent basically all afternoon at this wedding. The microphone was having problems and you couldn't hear any of the people saying their vows. The actual ceremony was like seven minutes long. Way to quick in my book. So it was finally time for the reception. We were starving at this point and the had barbecue catering. We got out food and they had ribs and wings. I looked at the ribs and it looked like there was blood in the meat and I was like I'm not eating this. Concerned I pried open the wing. It was definitely raw. It was disgusting. So basically everyone at our table was disgusted. We actually went to the caterer and said look this is raw. She tried to say it was the "smoke" I said I've had smoked chicken before and this is raw. I pulled apart the chicken in front of her and showed her the blood and she couldn't say anything. I did grab another plate of the cornbread, beans and mashed potatoes though. That was actually really good. After the first dance we decided it was time to leave. We got home and relaxed. Saturday night we watched a movie called trust_. It's a really good, disturbing take on real life cyber predators. I was actually getting mad at the stuff that was going on in the movie. It wasn't bad, but wasn't great. 

 Sunday
We went to the movies and we watched The Purge: Anarchy. It was a really good movie and a really good sequel. There was some things I think they could have added to make it even better and I could see a part three. I was also wondering where Lena Headey was from the first one. That would have been cool to see like Ethan Hawke driving down the street in this one so it would have tied it in. But all and all it was a really good movie and it will be a buy for me when it comes out. Speaking of waiting for movies to come out, I'm still waiting to hear what month Godzilla 2014 is coming out. That is a buy the day it comes out for me. After the movie, we went home and did our house stuff. Sunday night I got to use or friends usb record player that I borrowed. I recorded a couple tracks I have been wanting to for a few years. After a couple trial and error tracks all was good. I put them in my iTunes library and synced them up. Today on the way to work I listened to them and they actually sounded really damn good. Yes there was some clicking popping, but it is vinyl and it is more nostalgia driven then hd reproduction. I'm not an audiophile by any means, but I do like high quality music. I don't think it takes away from the music or song when you remaster them. You know how many movies will be lost because no one can restore them. I used Audacity and the LAME mp3 codec. I have used Audacity and LAME before and I love how it sounds. I use 320 kbps. 10 meg file size be damned, I want quality. It was so much fun ripping those tracks from my vinyls. Now I want to buy more vinyl and start some more ripping. I let a few seconds of the clicks and pops go on the beginning of the songs so it sounds like you dropped the needle yourself. With nostalgia clicks and pops in my ear I say farewell, till next time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment