Monday, August 11, 2014

Weekend review for 8/9/14 - 8/10/14.

 Friday night we rented Divergent from Redbox. I thought it was a really good movie. If this is a trilogy, I will definitely buy it. Shailene Woodley is a really good actress. She can sell her part like it's actually her going through it. There's a scene where she cries, but it looked like it was actually legit. I love seeing actors and actresses, selling their part. It's a definite buy recommendation from me.

 Saturday
We picked up our friend and we all three headed to the homegrown (homemade) festival. Yes, yes, I know it sounds like something else, but it's for homemade goods. This was the biggest it's been so far. We checked out the antique stores and the army surplus store. I was actually hoping to find a spent .50 cal casing or trench art, but they didn't have anything. After we walked the booths, we went to the Golden Corral for an amazing lunch. A lot of people say they have not liked the food from there or had a bad experience. If I ever have a bad experience or bad food, I am definitely not going back to to that place again. Anyways our food was amazing and I love it there and we definitely be going back.

 After lunch, we headed to Value Village and to Goodwill. I had seen this HP usb infrared receiver before. I have been eye balling it on Amazon too. This goes anywhere from 16 bucks plus, with a remote and receiver, but I cant pass this up when I have a remote control that will work for it without syncing. This is what I need for my OpenELEC pcs.

Six bucks is not a bad price.

Back lit remote goodness.

 My Xbox 360 dvd remote worked perfectly. I can select any movie see the info without having to use a keyboard and mouse. It made my day and it is amazing. The only thing I found out that didn't work was, chapter markers. I select those in Handbrake and they show up on VLC, so I don't know why it's not working in Xbmc. Oh well whatever, still made my day. And if I'm ever able to build my Raspberry Pi, I can use this receiver on that too.

 Saturday night, we watched The Goonies. A classic movie and it still held up and was just as cool as it was when I was a kid watching it for the first time. So we did some research and the hideout bar was actually torn down and that area is now a park. I still want to see all these places one day. I would definitely recommend watching this again. After The Goonies, we watched some documentary on web cam girls. That was crazy, I would hate to be tied to a laptop and web cam for 12 hours straight.

 Sunday
we had our normal house chores to do and I had to mow the lawn when it was like almost 90 degrees. Well that was it, I hope you had a good weekend too. Till next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment