Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Midweek update.

 Let's just right into it. So I have been playing The Legend Of Zelda The Minish Cap. After figuring out all the naming issues, save state issues and cross device playing. I love using GBA.emu, it has easy to use menus, the layout for settings are really good and there's a lot of other useful things. It has a built in Wii remote connection option, that's what I mainly use on my Nook. I have paired my Ouya controller on my Nook and it works amazingly. I just can't risk the Ouya controller by transporting it everywhere. So on the Minish Cap, I finally beat the level one dungeon.



 Yes I lost some heart, but I'm still getting used to the (R) button as a rolling maneuver. And when I first started playing, I was actually using the touch screen and no controller. I really like this game and I haven't played it in so long I'm actually really rusty, hence the (R) button. This is really the only game I have been playing. My goal for finishing games in 2014 has slowly been chipped away. I literally have just over a month left of the year. I really don't think I will be able to beat any games. One of my goals was to beat The Legend Of Zelda A Link To The Past, but the whole app fiasco has dampened that. I'm also not using any cheat codes for my completion quest. I use a different save for any cheats so I can just have fun. 

 So I have been doing some research about Nintendo Handhelds. So on the DS Lite, you can play Game Boy Advance and DS games. The 3DS, can play 3DS and DS games. And the Game Boy Advance, can play Game Boy, Game Boy Color and Game Boy Advance games. The GameCube Game Boy Player, can play, Game Boy, Game Boy Color and Game Boy Advance games. Most of you probably already knew this and are asking why I'm posting it. I'm posting it because, what is the best way to play older video games? Emulators, the specific console or an adapter for a newer console that can play older games? I guess it would be better to ask what console or accessories you have first. Me personally, I have a GameCube and the Game Boy Player. Melissa has her DS Lite. I want to start collecting more pieces of console nostalgia, but I want to be able to use them. I need Minish Cap for my collection, but how am I going to play it? Well I have two options. Do I want to buy some hand held consoles too? We already had to replace the battery in Melissa's DS. I wouldn't want to by some consoles and have them die a horrible death because of battery issues. I want a SNES, NES, N64 and maybe a 3DS XL. The prices I have seen for these consoles are ridiculous and I will have to take them apart when I get them and clean the game cartridge contacts. And I will have to clean the contacts on the games themselves too. That's a lot of work to have some "retro" fun. I wouldn't be able to copy my saves over from any of my Android devices.

 I should have never gotten rid of any of my old consoles. I'm so upset about today, that I will never get rid of any console ever again. I remember when I was saving money for a Super Nintendo. I think it was my birthday so I got some extra money. I ordered it from the store over the phone. I had to wait for it to be there and we went to go pick it up. I actually forgot what store I ordered it from, so when I got to the mall, I didn't know where to go. I headed into Sears I think it was, I found my way back to the electronics section. I was in awe by the wall of video games, consoles and accessories. The guy behind the counter could see I was taken back by the selection. He asked me what I wanted. I eagerly told him I wanted a Super Nintendo. He said, "Good choice. What else do you want?" I said, "I want Street Fighter 2 and Super Mario World." Again he said, "Good choice. Can I show you a new controller?" I said, "Sure." He showed me the Super Advantage Joystick. I don't know if it was actually called that, but that's what I got. So in the midst of a dream come true, my mom came over to me and said, "Um, this is not where you ordered your game from." I said, I don't remember what I actually said, but I asked the guy if he could hold this stuff for me. He said he would.

 We headed out of the store, found the correct store and we went in. (To this day I still don't know what the store is called.) We headed back to customer service and my mom showed him the order slip. I asked him if I could get the joystick and Street Fighter 2 also. He said I could get the game, but they didn't have the joystick and that it would cost more. I was getting all sorts of pissed off. Remember, these consoles still cost $200 plus dollars and they didn't do price match. I told my mom I didn't want to get this anymore and I wanted to leave. The guy behind the counter, starts lecturing me on ordering something and not buying it and how much of a pain it is to restock the shelf. Now I'm really pissed off and embarrassed we walked out of the store. I guess I didn't tell her that it was a better deal cause, she was pissed when I told her I wanted to go back to the first store. I practically ran to the counter and I found the guy who was helping me before. I said I'm ready to get my stuff. He pulled out this huge bag and it was filled with my console and games. When we got into the car, i was getting yelled at for wasting time and not remembering the original store.The whole way home, nothing mattered except my Super Nintendo. I didn't care how bad I was getting screamed at by everyone in the fucking world. I got home almost in tears, I walked into my room and started hooking my SNES up. I remember over the years playing my SNES everyday. My friends and I, would have Street Fighter tournaments. My friend Anthony, had a Game Genie and we added some codes and had a blast. We would always play the stand up arcade version of Street Fighter, then we would go to my house and play some more.

 I don't even know how I could have gotten rid of my SNES with as fond of memories as I had and have. I bought my PS1 and I still have it and I always will. I want to have those memories again and I really think I want to start saving old consoles from oblivion. I have so many other things to work on and worry about, but if I see a deal, I will grab it.

 Movies I have been watching. I finished watching Thor: A Dark World. That's all the phase 1 and 2 movies I have. I need to buy or rent Guardians Of The Galaxy, other than that, I will have to wait for the next movies to be shown or released. I started watching King Kong 2005. I am still impressed by the stunning visuals and the look of King Kong. Little individual hairs blow in the wind, sound quality is amazing and it's not even a Blu-ray I'm watching. I finished watching House On Haunted Hill 1999. I can't wait for some movie deals so I can dd to my collection.


 Pictures from the internet.

Even Michael Myers plays a Nintendo DS XL.


  I don't really have any music, so on that note, till next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment