Monday, January 19, 2015

Weekend review for 1/17 - 18/15.

 Friday night, we watched a couple shows and went to bed. We both were exhausted from the week. Saturday, we ran a couple errands. We headed out to the antique store to try and find some old measuring spoons. No luck there, but we headed out to Value Village. We didn't find anything there either. After that, we headed to Goodwill, I was checking out some video games. I entered the aisle and it was crop dusted with a horrid, rancid smell. Trying to hold my composure, I found a Hulk GameCube game. It was like $5 bucks, but kinda spendy so I passed. I headed over to the electronics section and I saw some Sega Genesis games. They were sports games, but i t was kinda cool seeing them. Looking further into the shelf, I found what I thought was a wireless adapter for an Xbox 360 controller. A little Googling, it was not, I kept looking and I found a Sega Genesis console. It didn't have any cords for power, a/v, or controllers and it was $10 bucks. I was kinda toying with getting it, not knowing if it worked or not and I decided that I wouldn't get it. I didn't want to spend money for the accessories and have it not work. Farther down the shelf I found an Original Xbox. Again nothing for it and I passed on it. After we left Goodwill, we headed on down the road to Henry Donuts and had some amazing tasting donuts.


 After Henry's, we headed to Big Lot's so we could find the elusive measuring spoons and an sd card for my Raspberry Pi. Well, no spoons or sd cards, we headed over to Albertson's. They had an 8 gig sd card for $12.99 I've seen a little better prices other places, but I wanted to get it, so I did. We found the elusive spoons and we headed home. I played some Advanced Warfare for a little bit, then we played some Super Mario 3D World. After a couple of shows we popped in The Girl With A Dragon Tattoo. I didn't like it too much and I didn't like the rape scenes either. There is a better way to convey a scene like that without showing what they did. It was gratuitous, just to be and there was need for them. A bed rocking or screaming would have conveyed the scene, better than the ones they showed.

 Sunday, we had our regular house stuff to do and our big game to watch. We tried to finish our house stuff and catch up with the game, but we were still really behind on the game. The first three and a half quarters of the game, were horrible. We played like a team that should not be playing for a super Bowl spot. The last two minutes of the game changed everything and the final nail in the coffin was the over time touchdown to win the game. The Seahawks or going to the Super Bowl again! We will be having a big Super Bowl party. Well I hope you had a good weekend, till next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment