Monday, March 23, 2015

Weekend review for 3/21 - 22/15.

 Friday night we watched a documentary on Netflix and went to bed. Nothing too exciting. Saturday, we were supposed to do some yard work, but the weather did not cooperate. I needed to get my wheels on my car re balanced so I called Les Schwab and they were like a two hour wait time. I decided I was going to setup my new ethernet switch since my old one died. I got a crimping tool and I was finally able to fix the craptastic clip I put on my entertainment center Ethernet cable. I thought I would have to re-do the cable, but I actually only had to crimp it using the tool and it was like a brand new cable.

The old and dead D-Link ethernet switch I had for years.

The new Netgear FS205. Yes it is 10/100, but the D-Link was also 10/100.


 Since the new switch was so small, I could actually fit it in the place with all the other connections. I cleaned everything up and we were good to go. The only thing I noticed was with my laptop with a wired connection, it seemed to be surfing the net slow. Obviously I will check it out more later, but it could be just the laptop itself, who knows. I tried calling Les Schwab back and now it was an hour and a half wait. I decided to go and get it done. Waiting for over an hour at Les Schwab, my car was done and I went home. Melissa had steam mopped the floors int he house and it was time for a break. I tried all the consoles to see if I had internet to all of them and they were good to go. I tried working on the Raspberry Pi with RetroPie and setup the Snes usb controller. I seriously have no clue what is going on, but all these config setups will not work with my RetroPie. I don't know if I have a bad image or what, but this is really pissing me off. I said screw that and I put the Raspberry Pi away and I played some Battlefield Hardline. Melissa played some Captain Toad Treasure Tracker, we played for a couple hours and we decided to be done. We had some dinner and watched some shows. We headed upstairs and we threw in A Winters Tale. It was alright, it had a good story, but I didn't like the demon aspect of it. To me it had no place in the movie. Good acting though and they sold their parts very well.

 Sunday, we did our normal house chores and we watched some shows. That's really all I have. I hope you had a good weekend, till next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment