Monday, May 11, 2015

Weekend review for 5/9 - 10/15.

 So Friday night, we watched the Kurt Cobain documentary called Curt Cobain Montage Of Heck. It was interesting, but I don't think it was as good as I thought it would be. I wanted them to focus more on a larger variety of Nirvana's music. They only touched on Bleach, Nevermind, In Utero and Unplugged. They had a lot more songs and albums than that. It was a long movie too. I'm glad I saw it, but more content would have been good for me.

 Saturday, we took Melissa's mom out for Mothers Day. We headed up to Denny's and had some amazing food and service. I tried their new caramel coffee and it was actually really good. It was basically black coffee with whip cream and caramel sauce drizzled on it. Melissa's mom had the cold version of the same and she said it was really good too. I was very happy with the experience. After Denny's, we headed over to a new place called Snohomish Pie Company. The parking lot is absolute shit and I had to park across the street at a grocery store and walk back. I almost got ran over by a dick in a truck and I started yelling at him through his rolled down window. All the fucker did was smirk, smile and drive away. You're lucky I didn't kick or hit your shitty ass truck! After I picked up Melissa and her mom, we headed back to her moms house to talk and relax. After awhile, we headed towards home and we had to go grocery shopping. To sweeten the deal, Melissa got us some Starbucks before we went inside the store. After grocery shopping and being teased with sandwiches as Melissa texted, we headed home. We had our leftover Denny's for dinner and we headed upstairs to watch some crazy ass mail order bride documentary on Netflix.

 Sunday, we had our normal house stuff to do. We had to run to Walmart for some things and I just happened to pick out some dvds from the $5 bin. I got Total Recall (2012), Short Circuit 2, The Road Warrior, A Good Day To Die Hard and The Iron Giant. I also, with Melissa's suggestion, picked up a mini figure of Mario. I have a project I want to do with him later. I looked on the box and they have a Link from The Legend Of Zelda! Mario was only $3.75 and I will own Link. We headed home and we watched some shows for a little bit. On Saturday I got a free power pack for my Xbox 360 and an original GameCube memory card. I decided to go ahead and try it. I recently got a new power cord for my slim PS2. I was like why the hell not try all these out. I found my backup power cord for my original PS2, hooked it up and it worked. I wasn't surprised, but I was happy regardless. I hooked up the new power brick for my 360 and it worked as well. I am very happy, now I can take my 360 somewhere without having to remove the power cord from behind my entertainment center. Next I tried the slim PS2 and the power cord worked which is good, but the PS2 itself is having disc read issues. I don't even think you can send them in anymore to be fixed. I don't know what I'm going to do. I fired up my GameCube and tried the memory card. It worked as well. Now I have a memory card to use for my Raspberry Pi GameCube project. When I was testing the PS2's, I popped in The Matrix The Path Of Neo. One of the numerous games I never finished, damn it was still hard as hell. The controls were confusing and the moves you can use sucked. I'll finish it one day, but damn it will be tough. I cooked a pizza for dinner. It was a really good weekend, with good time spent with Melissa. Pics coming later of Mario and the project, till next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment