Monday, February 20, 2012

Impala Daydreaming.

 So for awhile now, I have been day dreaming. Dreaming about owning a new Impala. I have written about my Impala before here.


 I have been dreaming about the engine, rims, tires, and stereo. If I could go back in time I would have prevented the wreck of my Impala.



 I have the color picked out for the new one: "Inferno Orange". Inferno Orange is the color they use on the new styled Avalanche truck. I won't post a picture of the Inferno Orange, because sometimes it looks red, instead of orange. The chrome trim along side of the Impala, has a white insert. I would paint the white section: "White Diamond", with pearl in it. White diamond is the color they use on Escalades.


 For the "SS" emblem, I would want to use two of the Mini Cooper's red "S".



 Instead of this:


 I want to use the 1962's Impala emblem, instead of the 64's. I like the cursive style writing. Can you tell I am sticking to the Chevrolet theme? I can picture these colors in my head. The white pearl would set off the orange perfectly. Then I could do black interior with either white or orange accents. Or just say fuck it, and have orange interior with white accents. I haven't figured that part out yet. I would want a 327 engine again, with a 5 speed automatic transmission. I would do the disc brake conversion, and new suspension.

 I am still up the air about what rims and tires I want to use. I want to have fender skirts. Fender skirts, prevent some rims from fitting in the wheel well. The original tires on this car were called "bias plies". Bias plies are very hard rubber with very small traction grooves. They do have radial style bias plies. That might be an option. Obviously from the color selection, and the interior, I'm not really going for stock. I don't think 20's would look good with fender skirts though. And I don't think they would fit with the skirt on.

 There is just so many different things I would like to do for this project. The only thing preventing me from doing it is money, and a garage big enough to fit this in, ha ha.There are different things I can't even think of, so I'm just gonna end this here, ha ha. You get the basic picture of what I want to do.

 Till next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment