Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Midweek update.

 Okay I have big news, I built the Windows XP computer that I am going to turn into a Plex server. The good news, the 35 dollar terabyte hard drive I bought at that yard sale worked flawlessly. It was actually RAW and never been touched, double score for me. I installed my Windows XP I bought years ago and we were good to go. Bad news, the first couple nights I was trying to update it, the updates wouldn't work and it wouldn't let me register it. The good news, It finally registered and I didn't have to do some registry hack or something. So after 135 or so updates, I have a stable build of windows XP Media Center Edition, with a terabyte 960 gig hard drive, just waiting for movies, tv shows, ROMs, emulators and pictures. The bad news, Plex media server would not install. It said the Windows installer wouldn't work. (I can't remember what it exactly said.) So now what the hell do I do? I installed Xbmc Frodo RC2. It works and it is the only recent build of Xbmc that supports XP. I'm still running into the scraper problem, but I thinks it's because of my naming structure. Either way, I'm going to try and install Plex again, but if that doesn't work, I will just use Xbmc. I got the C drive shared and I got sub-folders shared and I can see the "server" from my office computer and from my Ps3. I got limited trial time, but again I'm going to try more and more programs on it.

 I think it will be cool to have a Windows based server with everything on it. I can play movies from either Xbmc, Windows media center or VLC. All of my emulators will work and all of my ROMs will work. I still have nothing against OpenELEC, Xbmx, or any other OS's I've tried. I have had my fair share of problems with all of the OS installs and making programs work. I'm just gonna try this for awhile and see how it goes. So the newly christened computer will be know as Game Room Server.

 Video games
I haven't touched any type of video game in a while. I'm still trying to completely set up the new game room server, then I can try some games. 

 Music
I don't have any new music and last week's midweek update music section crashed an burned so oh well. 

 Pictures
Like always, these are random pics from wherever I see them.

I'm not making fun of Xbox, but this is kinda funny.




This would be the PS4 I would buy if I could.

Land Of The Giants.

This is the props I was telling you about in Land Of The Giants.

 I hope you enjoyed the midweek update, hopefully I will have some more info later on the game room server, cause I know you're waiting with bated breath. Ha ha, till next time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment