Friday, June 15, 2012

Limited Edition.

 So I like buying DVD's, and movies. I love to try and get the "Special Edition" set, if I can. They cost a little more but it's totally worth it. I bought this: Alien Vs Predator The Ultimate Showdown DVD Collector's Set. I did not spend the $250 dollars on it tho. Spent around $100 dollars or so, but here's why. 7 movies, plus extras, plus 2 light up action figures. The movies alone are $105 dollars at 15 bucks a piece, so the extras are just that extras. It's a win win all the way around. Obviously you can find deals now for these, back when I wanted all these movies, it was 100 bucks for the Alien Quadrilogy alone. So I continue to try and get the special, or limited editions. Below are just a couple of my collectors sets.

 I will start with Hellraiser.I have loved the Hellraiser movie series, I haven't watched them in a long time but I always remember Pinhead, and the Lament Cube. I saw this special edition of Hellraiser coming out. It has Hellraiser 1 DVD, Hellraiser 1 Blu-ray, and Hellraiser 2 DVD. The region 2 release is this. I will take what I can get though. This lament cube is plastic but is sure looks good on my shelf.




I don't like how the DVD's and Blu-ray disc are held in place. There's no protection for them.

 Next is 300. I love the movie 300. I saw they were releasing a limited edition Spartan helmet. I had to have it. I woke up early and went to Best Buy, waited for the store to open to buy this.



  Next is X-Men Origins Wolverine. Now normally I would just buy the DVD special edition and call it good. This release was for Blu-ray only! Oh well I'm not passing it up. I'm happy I got it. Who wouldn't want a metal bust of Wolverine?



 So this is just a few of my limited editions.I am keeping my eye out for more and I will buy them when I can afford them. I hoped you enjoyed this limited edition blog. (See what I did there?) Ha ha. Till next time. Remember to check out part 2 here.

No comments:

Post a Comment