Monday, February 10, 2014

Weekend review 2/8/14 - 2/9/14.

 So this weekend we had a date planned for Sunday. That meant we had to get the house chores done on Saturday. Friday night I rented Last Vegas. That movie was really good. It had Morgan Freeman, Kirk Douglas, Robert De Niro and Kevin Kline. These actors played good off of each other. It felt natural and they are amazing actors so the make you feel for the characters. Totally worth renting.

  Saturday was pretty boring. We got our taxes done. Yay. This is the time of year I hate. I hate having to stress over, do we have this paper for taxes or do we need this. I'm glad it's over. I'm proud of us for getting it done. 

 Sunday, I needed to get an oil change for my car. We got all bundled up for our cold weather. Got to Grease Monkey and they were closed. Waste of gas but we got a Sunday drive out of it. Sunday night was time for our date. We went to Galaxy 12 movie theater in Monroe. It's actually only like 20 or so minutes from our house. They have a Sunday deal for two movie tickets and a large popcorn for 16 bucks for classic movie showings. That's a pretty good deal, considering movie tickets are like nine bucks plus and popcorn is like five bucks or so. We got there early and we had to wait for our other friends to show up. In the lobby they have these seats from D-Box. They are movie simulator chairs. They are supposed to mimic the movement on screen. while you're sitting on it. So if a car is turning, the chair makes you move like the car. They had the preview for Need For Speed the movie. At first I wasn't going to sit in it but I changed my mind. Melissa and I sat down and I pushed the demo button. The chair started vibrating and gyrating. I couldn't actually picture myself paying extra for this feature. I think it would get old and start taking away from the movie experience. Like one scene for the movie preview, the car turns left but very sharp. Now normally if you were in the car, you would actually move to the right because of the force of the turn. The seat moved to the right, it's like in was counter intuitive. Again it took away from the experience. I'm glad I tried it but I wouldn't pay three extra bucks on top of my movie ticket for it. After we killed some time in the lobby, we got our popcorn and treats and headed inside the theater. We watched Stand By Me. I love this movie. I have always wanted to go on an adventure like they did when I was a kid. Of course I was never able to but I can still live vicariously through them. I don't even remember what age I was when I first saw it. It came out in 1986 so I was probable six or seven years old. The movie actually held up pretty well. It was a lot of fun and I can't wait to go back for another classic movie. They are showing, The Neverending Story, Ferris Bueller's Day Off and The Breakfast Club just name a few.

 Well that is the weekend review. If you get a chance, check out classic movie showing. It will transport you back in time for an hour or so. I enjoyed it and I will be going back. Till next time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment