Wednesday, September 28, 2011

My Wrecked Impala.

So in my blog Impala rama, I told you about my love for Impala's. I also told you about how I was only able to own mine for a couple of months. Well below is the pictures, of the aftermath of the wreck I was involved in. I was driving my car down State St. I stopped at a red light, and all of a sudden wham! I try to step on my breaks, my car tires squeal, and I slam into the car in front of me. I watch as the car in front of me starts driving towards a parking lot, I follow them, and the car that hit me, follows me. This 16 year old bitch of a girl driver, gets out and says, "Why did you hit my car like that!" I said, "You hit me, my car was stopped, and how would I reverse in to you!" The cops show up and they start taking our statements. The lady in front of me said I was pushed into her, and she heard my tires squeal to try and stop. She also said that it was not my fault, and the girl driver hit both of us. I over heard the bitch that hit us say, "I only took my eyes off of the road for two minutes!" She actually said two minutes! She tried telling the cop that I had hit her, and he looked dead in her eyes and said, "That is absolutely not possible" Two guys were there, and they said the same thing me and the older lady had said all along, that this 16 year old was the blame. When it came my turn to talk to the cops, it actually turned out I was pulled over by this cop a week ago for my loud car stereo. That was extremely awkward, but good at the same time, because he knew what my Impala had looked like before this wreck. The officer actually said to me, "Man, I am very sorry about your car" I was able to drive my car in it's wrecked state home. I couldn't afford paying for a tow truck. When I started my car, my stereo was extremely loud, and the cop shot this look at me like, what the fuck are you doing!?


So later I found out when I was going through this paperwork, this little girl was doing 55 miles per hour! On a 25 miles per hour road! In stop and go traffic. She later admitted it was her fault, and she wasn't paying attention. I felt really bad for the lady I hit because her gas tank filler tube busted when i hit her so gas was leaking out of her car and it was dead. She had 2 little toddlers with her, and was on her way to drop them off at daycare, to go to work. My car was hit so hard that my rusted shut ashtray, was actually laying in the back seat. I tried everything I could think of to get that ashtray loose, and I couldn't. I miss my car so much. This was my dream come true, then it was robbed, and raped right in front of me. My car was lower than stock, but not by much. The frame on these cars is pure steel, in the shape of an "X". They are extremely strong. The body parts were steel also. My doors were crumpled in on each other, after this wreck. My frame was bent down, because it was hit so hard.

My heart aches, for this car. I will hopefully have another chance in my life, to fulfill this dream.





The trunk lid was pushed 10 inches! inside the trunk itself!
My Impala in it's heyday.




1 comment:

  1. Ben, I'm sorry for what happened to your drop dead gorgeous car! I hope you were able to bring back its beauty. The insurance covered it, right? I wasn't surprised it was a teenage behind the wheel that hit you car; they make up the large percentage of crash incidents. I wish you and your car well, Ben!
    Regrads,
    Cayla Dupont @HarlanInsurance.com

    ReplyDelete