Wednesday, January 4, 2012

"Family"

 What is the meaning of that word anymore? Why would a mother choose one kid over another? I thought you weren't supposed to have favorites? I thought you stepped in when one kid was bashing the other one? If I bad mouthed my stupid sister, my mom would be like don't say that, don't talk shit about your sister. Lately it seems like mothers, and fathers, choose favorites. They pick either the oldest, or the youngest, lavish them with the gifts, and praise, and basically condemn the other. This is bullshit! I know someone who does this scenario. The youngest, doesn't do shit to deserve anything. The oldest basically put their self through school, and now is stepping out on their own. The parent is jealous, and hateful towards them. Why? You should be proud. Are you mad that you weren't able to do that yourself? You should not reward bad behavior, and you should not be jealous of your kid stepping out on their own.

 I know what it's like to have a sister, who gets a lot of attention. she would say the same about me as well. I guess in my situation it's all in how you look at it. I can absolutely say, I hate my sister. I always have. When she moved away from our house, it was a great time. I'm not saying I was a perfect angel, or I was the best younger brother. Actually, I was far from it. I acted out, I got in a lot of trouble, I screamed and yelled at my sister constantly. I couldn't stand her, she couldn't stand me. It just got worse as we got older. My mom never picked sides! She protected each of us when she needed to. If my mom was still alive, I have no clue how she would react to me, and my sister not talking for four years! I would hope she just stay neutral, but I don't know?

 I have been getting a lot of hits on my blogs, Why Do Assholes Prevail , and Why do people hold family in such high regards?. So I am gathering, a lot of people are going through this, or something similar. Why is this happening? Is it society that is changing? I don't know anymore. I used to think that family was the most important, then friends, then loves. Well now if you ask me, it's loves, and friends. Not family. They live their own lies. No that's not a typo, I said "lies". They believe in whatever kids better to them at the moment. and if you don't fit in, or they don't like something about you, they shun you. We spent Thanksgiving, with ourselves, and one of our close friends. We were the "outcasts", the unwanted people. But we made it the best Thanksgiving all three of us have had in a long, long time.

 So no, you don't need "family", you need only you, and it can be the best day, no matter what happens. Live your life how you want, with who ever you want. "Family" is just a word. It's not binding, it's not required. Your and my happiness is! This is a new year, and a fresh start. Let the "family" go on their own way, you go on yours. Don't feed into people's bullshit. And don't let someone else tell you how to live your life. There is no manual for life. Even if someone else lives their life a certain way, it doesn't mean you have to. don't take shit from assholes, that's "family" included.

No comments:

Post a Comment