Friday, November 14, 2014

Midweek update, update.

 So on Wednesday, I told you about how I was having problems using the save files from my Nook tablet on my Ouya. Now I was and am, using the same build of Snes9x on each platform. I even emailed the makers to ask what was going on. I haven't heard anything back, but I really didn't expect it, these are free apps and the builders are very, very busy. I think they are probably inundated with emails anyways. Okay, so what am I supposed to do? I start using the combined geek powers of Google and myself. I deduced the problem! It actually turned out to be my fault, but I really wouldn't have noticed if this problem hadn't arise in the first place. Okay enough stalling, I had the wrong file name! Duh, this is kindergarten shit and it tripped me up hella bad. My nook plays, Zelda - A Link To The Past. My Ouya plays The Legend Of Zelda A Link To The Past. Notice the difference? First off, (Zelda -) is wrong,  second off, ( - ) is wrong. So when I was copying my game over from my computer, I originally had it spelt wrong. When I backed up my computer to my external hard drive, I named all of my Zelda games as, The Legend Of Zelda. I have naming issues and I am trying to correct that. Now the second problem I'm having, Dropbox app or OneDrive app, will NOT read files from either a usb drive or an sd card. What the fuck!? I had to put the game save file in the DCIM folder on my Nook so each of those apps could see it. Then on my Ouya, I had to download the game save to my Download folder. I do not want to use the system drive for storage. I want the system as lean as possible. I only want apps and app data as much as possible. Anyways, that was the exciting news I had. Now I just need to figure out a better save state transfer process and I will be set. I need to fine tune all the emulators and organize my game ROMs better and I will be set. I hope this helps anyone else out there, till next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment