Tuesday, September 1, 2020

Weekend Review for 8/29 - 8/30/20. Don’t go chasing waterfalls... Why not?

Well, this weekend I decided that I'm going to go chase a waterfall and not stick to the rivers and lakes I'm used to. I was talking to someone and they had mentioned waterfalls and I'm like, I love waterfalls. I told them that I always see a few waterfalls on Instagram and I never knew the name or location of them. After doing some research, I found Madison Falls. I was originally going to go to these falls when I was going to be in Ocean Shores, but it would have been 3 hours away. Thinking more clearly, I was like I should make this a day trip on the weekend. I downloaded the map and headed out the door. 

 The first stop was breakfast. I went to IHOP. I got my go-to of a ham and cheese omelette, with a side of hashbrowns, and some orange juice. I was feeling very hungry because I had a pit in my stomach. I didn't know what it was from either. Nerves? Who knows. It has also been a struggle getting used to going to a restaurant by myself too. I bring in my book and just read it waiting for my food to arrive. Now, I do know this sounds really lonely and pitiful. Well, you're kind of right, but I also enjoy food and reading, what else am I going to do? I am working on not caring what other people think about me or what I'm doing. If I wan to go to Howie Steaks in Bellevue, by myself, and bring my book, I'm going to. I finished what I could of the breakfast and I headed to the car. I typed in the Edmonds ferry terminal and got a move on. 

 I think I either need to be more or less specific for the GPS, it was taking me to the terminal, but not the line for the ferry. Haha. I had to circle around for a bit and find the beginning of the line. I'm glad I used to live near there for a bit and kind of knew my way or I think the old me would have said fuck it and left. I found the line and sat there, just taking in all the scenery. It was a beautiful day, great weather, for a road trip. I made it on the ferry and I was the last car to be able to board. They put the chocks on my tires and set up the rope. I got out of my car, went right to the edge, and started taking pictures and video.  

 It is difficult to upload photos so I will when I can. I think the photo was amazing. I was walking on all the decks, the sun deck, and the stairs. Now if this would have been months ago, this would not have been happening at all. I am very proud of myself for conquering some fears I have had for a long time. The boat ride was about done, so I went back to the car and got ready to drive. My first stop was Blimpie subs! I have not had a Blimpie sub in years! So when I plot out these day trips, I look for a new restaurant or hole in the wall place to eat. I have found some amazing places already by doing this. The best part is they're local too. So I stopped and waited in line to order. This guy in front of me was like I love Blimpie and I was like me too, and I haven't found one for a really long time. He was like me either, I found one in Seattle behind this gas station once, but it was still really good. We were just going on about Blimpie and how amazing they are. He got his order and was like alright man, you enjoy that Blimpie! I was like you too man! It was awesome. I got my order and headed out the door. 

 I noticed the battery on my phone was getting low because of all the GPS usage. I didn't want to be stranded so I typed in Walmart and headed into downtown Sequim. I walked in and headed towards the electronics section. I found my USB a to USB c cable and headed to the checkouts. The cashier had bright blue hair and lots of tattoos. Cool! My type of people. I was wearing a Friday the 13th t-shirt and my Friday the 13th mask. She was like I love Friday the 13th! I am due in November and November has a Friday the 13th in it. I was like hell yeah that's cool. I said and Halloween will be on a Saturday this year. She's like I want my baby born on the 13th. How cool would that be? I said really cool. A little side thing really quick. If I'm wearing a t-shirt and it has a logo, brand, or character on it that you like, stop me and tell me. Let us geek out for a couple seconds over it. I grabbed my cable and walked out the door. 

 Headed down the highway, there was beautiful scenery on both sides of the car. The fog was still hanging over the mountains and it was just a beautiful day. I got closer to the turnoff and I had noticed a bridge to the right, I was like I am stopping on the way back. I made the turn and made it the really super full parking lot. I had to bust a U-turn and find another place to park. I parked and started grubbing on my amazing Blimpie sub. I was better than I remembered and tasted amazing. I finished my lunch, grabbed my backpack, and started walking towards the trailhead. On the right-hand side of the road, was some beautiful scenery. I had to stop and take some pictures of it. Done with taking pictures I headed to the crowded parking lot and I found the trailhead. 

 I started walking down this amazing path and started snapping as many pictures as I could. I heard the rushing of the water overtake my ears and I followed the sound to the base of the waterfall. I was in awe of it and wanted a closer look. I climbed down the dirt banks and walked over to the edge of the water. I looked up and the sheer size of this waterfall made me feel dizzy with how far up it was. Taking more pictures and the obligatory selfie, I was fulfilled, I was done, and it was time to leave. I walked back and over to where the road was close. I walked around the fence and walked towards a large horse pen. I took some pictures of the horses and kept walking down the road. I didn't know where it leads, but I was like, okay it's time to leave. I went back to the car and was off to see the bridge I saw on the way in. 

 I got to the bridge and there was no walkway across it. I wanted to take pictures of the side of the bride and the water underneath. Instead, I walked to the side of it and took some pictures there. I wanted to walk down to the water, but the cliff was pretty steep. I am being adventurous, but not that much. I walked back to the car and lit up a nice and smooth Black & Mild cigar and was on my merry way. That is my celebratory action now. After I have conquered something, I reward myself with a cigar for the drive home. I made it back to Kingston and boarded the ferry. I decided to sit in the car and read while it was on its journey. We got back to the dock and I made my way home. It was an amazing trip and a day. I will never forget. 

 Sunday I headed out to see the Ballard locks. I made my way to Commodore Park because it said it connected to the locks. I got out and it was kind of sketchy, but I'm being adventurous, what's the worst thing that will happen? I might die? Okay. Moving on I took out my trusty Pixel and started taking pictures. There were so people rowing in the water and lot's of boats too. I walked along the path and followed it till there was a large locked gate blocking the path, with a sign that read, closed due to COVID. Okay, Well I looked across the water and I saw a guy walking around in this area that looked like a park. I thought to myself, well let's check it out. I looked on the map and there was indeed a park so I walked back to the car and was off trying to find it. I never did find the park, but the journey was fun. I decided to call it a day and headed home. Even if the path leads nowhere, at least you can say you tried and didn't give up on yourself. Make your own happiness, make your own adventures, and don't wait for someone to tell you it's okay. I'm telling you it's okay to go out and do it. till next time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment