Thursday, September 10, 2020

Weekend Review for 9/5-/6-/7/20 Ocean Shores, Oregon, and Tattoos oh my!

 Saturday morning I woke up and I was off to Ocean Shores. I got to Aberdeen and I wanted to stop by Walmart to buy some more Dickie shorts. They didn’t have any, but they had a McDonalds inside so I decided to get lunch. I ate in the car and I was ready to check into the Hotel. My whole Sunday plan was contingent on if I could book another night (thinking about it now, I could have just found a different hotel and just called it good. Hindsight is 20/20). They didn’t book my room out and I took it as a sign that I was meant to be on my trip. 

 My tattoo appointment was set for 5 pm in Ocean Shores so I decided I would sit on the beach for a bit and take some pictures and read my book. The waves in my ears, the wind on my face, and the sun on my skin felt amazing. I got to watch some kites being flown around and people having some fun. Just what I needed. Anxiously checking the clock, it was time to head to the tattoo parlor. I parked and I walked to the bank to hit the atm for some cash. Well I didn’t know it was drive through only, so I walked back to my car and drove to it again. Cash in hand it was time for some pain therapy. 

 I got out of my car and was greeted by my artist. I wanted the Nirvana font, but it was not showing up for some reason. He started the showing me some other font styles. I found one that just jumped off the page and said pick me!! So I did. We went inside and got to work. He banged it out in like 25 minutes. It turned out awesome and he was able to keep my Cheshire Cat vibe I had been dreaming about. 


As he was tattooing me, I asked him about getting a second one done if he had time. He said yeah I do. So I Airdropped him the picture and he started correcting the lines. He got the stencil done and it was time to start. A couple minutes later he was done. 

 They both turned out great and now it was time for some new jewelry. I used to have hoops a long time ago and I wanted to get them again. New me meeting old me. So I went outside to smoke and waited for the piercer to be done smoking. We walked inside and it was time to find some jewelry. I got four hoops and two new flat back barbells. Now it’s all matching. Paid for the jewelry and now it was time to get pizza!

 I was originally going to go to Dugans, but the line was out to the street. I found Red Genie Pizza and I was like let’s do dis! I ordered a meat lovers. Sausage, pepperoni, Canadian bacon, and salami with red sauce. Yes please! 45 minute wait so I was off to the shops. Friday my friend Trouble, has went to the sunflower garden/park thing? But she sent me a funny ass picture of her making a funny face next to a sunflower. I was dying with laughter. I set it as my ringer ID on my phone for her. Haha. But I was searching for a sunflower something for her. 

 That’s a big task in a beach town. Not finding any sunflower stuff, I found a sticker for Roger. It says Ocean Shores with the PNW arrows and forest on it. It fits all the day trips we have been taking (Roger is the name of my car). So I was excited for that and now drooling, I was off to get my pizza. After I picked it up I headed to the beach to watch the sunset and eat pizza. It was really cool. I’m still getting used to being by myself now, but I did have fun. After the sunset I drove back to the hotel. 

 Sunday morning I woke up early and got ready for Oregon. I did a quick Google search to find coffee. I found a stand close to the hotel and was good to go. I remembered that Aberdeen has that McDonalds I went to for lunch. So I was like, yup, doing that! I stopped and got some breakfast. Then started on my way. The road was filled with mist and the sun trying to show through. I was taking some pictures and it was a good morning. 

 The freeway is not really fun so I was trying to listen to my podcast and get some motivation. I had been in Centralia during the 4th of July so I saw some familiar places. It was weird this time though because I was by myself. I wasn’t with my ex girl. That was some interesting memories that came flooding back. Trying to push past that I started seeing the exit signs getting smaller and smaller meaning I was getting close to Oregon. 

  I found the exit for Multnomah Falls and started driving towards it. I found the parking for it and I got out and stretched my legs. The parking lot was full to the brim. I grabbed my backpack and my mask and started following the throngs of people. I got to the second parking lot and the guy behind the booth was like do you have a ticket? I’m like what ticket? He’s like oh they want you to buy a ticket before you come. I’m like I didn’t know that. He’s like it’s okay we’re not at capacity so over there is the bathroom and over here is the falls. I’m like well than you. 

 I got in line and started waiting for my turn to take pictures of the fall. The hiking trails were closed dude to Covid. So that was disappointing. I wanted to hike both trails. Oh well there’s always next time. It was my turn for the picture taking. Of course I had to take a selfie in front of the falls. After I got in line for the gift shops. I wasn’t sure what I was looking for, but I found a Van Gogh the screaming man painting inspired post card of the falls. That was cool. I was on the hunt for a sunflower still for Trouble. I found the closest thing to a sunflower and I was good to go. 

 Now time for the 3 hour drive back to Aberdeen. I passed by Centralia again and I saw the pizza shop we got pizza from. It such good pizza. I should have stopped and got one. Haha. But I drove on past. Finally reaching Aberdeen, now I had to find something to do. I messaged the tattoo shop to see if they had any openings. I didn’t get a response. So I decided to go walked around Hoquiam. I always drive over these bridges, but I have never walked over them. That was pretty cool. 

 I grabbed my leftover pizza from the night before and I drove to Ocean Shores. I was feeling adventurous so I decided to stop by the Ocean Shores state park. It was so misty and overcast I could barely see the beach. I decided to leave and go to the North beach entrance and I parked on the beach. I ate my pizza and watched the sun setting through thick misty clouds. I got out and took some pictures and I decided it was time to leave. I headed back to Hoquiam. I read for a bit and pigged out on Snickers and Milkyways. 

 Monday I woke up early so I could get home at decent time to be able to finish laundry and all that. I saw a sign for Wynoochee Dam. I was like sure! So a 32 mile detour I found the dam and took some pictures. The whole time I was dam! Haha. I got the road and made it back to the main highway. I made it home and it was time to start adulting. As I was doing laundry, the tattoo shop messaged me and said that they had an opening. I told them I was home already and couldn’t make it. 

 It was a great trip and it was mind opening. I could do this by myself and I didn’t need anyone to be there. I’m still getting used to it, but slowly I am. Till next time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment