Sunday, September 27, 2020

Weekend Review for 9/18-/19-/20/20 A little bit of everything ...

 Friday I took a couple hours of pto and met my friend Kasey to go to the Ice Caves. She had never seen them before and I wanted to walk all the way in them and take pictures. Well we got going and by the time we got there it was pouring down rain. We needed the rain because of the smoke and fires, but we didn’t need the rain for the hike. We hung out at the still closed bridge and then we headed back home. Me and Kasey parted ways and I was off to go get changed.

 I made dinner plans with Sarah. We met up at Hops and Drops in Snohomish. I grabbed a table and awaited her arrival. Sarah showed up and the amazing night began! We closed the place down. We were laughing and talking and just enjoying everything. We saw the staff start to leave and we were like, oh we probably should leave too! We left the restaurant and we talked for another hour in the parking lot. Damn what a great night. I headed home and she did too. 

 Saturday I went to the Edmonds waterfront. The rain had helped with the smoke and creating a very gray ambience. Pictures were awesome. I walked the boardwalk and just enjoyed the scenery. Throughout my morning, my mind would flash with last night. I would start laughing as I was walking because I had remembered something funny. It was great. After my walk I decided to check out downtown Edmonds. I had found a cool bookstore there awhile ago and I bought a set of the Hogwarts Library collection. It had Fantastic Beast and Where To Find Them. And two other books. 

 I went to the section where I had grabbed the collection from and I found the Cursed Child. I opened it to check it out and it was written as a script. Very weird, but now that I think of it I should have bought it. I could have learned how to set up a scene for a short story or something. Well I will just go back another time. After that I walked further into downtown then I had before. I found some little shops and perused them. I found a shop that had a bunch of Halloween decorations and cards. It was really cool. I started looking around for some sunflower things for Trouble or something for me. 

 My last case I looked at, I found what I was looking for. I found a mini card and it has intricate paper ribbons firing the shape of a sunflower. So cool. I also found a pineapple. This made me laugh out loud. Instantly bribing me back to the night before. Haha. It was great and it was a must purchase to give to Sarah the next time I saw her. I found a dark chocolate bar for Yuri. She absolutely loves dark chocolate so it was a must purchase. Telling the cashier how much I loved the cards she said the same thing. Thanking her I left the store and it was time for lunch. 

 I found a pizza place called Kabellas Pizza and Pasta. I had to check it out. They’re dine in which is a requirement for my day trips and it was pizza. Cool! I grabbed my Harry Potter book and headed inside. I ordered the meat lovers pizza, some cheese covered garlic bread, and bottle of kiwi strawberry Snapple. The bread came with an overflowing dish of marinara sauce. Man that garlic bread was so good. I normally don’t buy bread anymore, but I was like, eh, oh well. I’m glad I did. 

 The pizza came and it was calling my name. I grabbed the first slice and before I could even ask, the waitress brought over the Parmesan cheese. I took a bite of the pizza without it and the pizza was delicious. Generously shaking the jar over the pizza, my mouth watered and drooled. Taking another bite with the Parmesan now on it, set the pizza off correctly. Reading and eating I was enjoying myself. I took a second and I told Sarah that I had found her something and was excited to give it to her. 

 Lunch was over and it was time to head home. I got home and continued to read and listen to some music. Sarah texted me and asked if wanted to go bowling with her. I said yes and was impatiently waiting for 6:30 to arrive. I headed out the door and made my way to the bowling alley. Sarah was already there and she saved me a spot so we could play together. 

 The teasing and fun ensued. I got a strike my first and second time up. Laughing I’m telling Sarah, it’s beginners luck. Not impressed but with a grin, Sarah bowled next. Giving each other a hard time but playing all night, it was great night. The end of our bowling neared and it was time for me to give Sarah the pineapple card. Running to my car and went back and I held out my hand and Sarah looked into it with a surprise, she smiled brightly and me starting to laugh, I told her that it made me laugh in the store and it made me think of the night before. She thanked me and we parted ways. 

 I made it it home elated with the night I relaxed for awhile and heard my phone dinging telling me there was a text. Sarah invited me to go with her to Deception Pass Park the next morning. I said absolutely I would go. Heading to bed my mind wondering and racing replaying the night I fell asleep. 

 Sunday, I woke up at 4:30 in the morning and started to get ready. I headed to Don’s Restaurant to have breakfast. Having the usual ham and cheese omelette with hash browns, and white toast with grape jelly. It was so good. I sat, ate, and read my book. After breakfast, I decided to go to Dutch Bros and get their famous white chocolate mocha. Yum. I got back on the freeway and headed towards Deception Pass Bridge. I got there at 7:45 in the morning. No one else was walking the bridge. I took some awesome pictures and the headed to the park to wait for Sarah. 

 Sarah showed up and it was time for the hike. It was a really good hike. We did 5 miles all together and we basically saw the whole area around the bridge. It was very cool, the smoke was gone, and it was a bright sunny day. After the hike we parted ways and I drove to Anacortes. I stopped by the bbq spot I found before called Dads Diner A Go-Go. I got the bbq burger with bbq brisket with cheese and coleslaw on top. So damn good! After lunch I drove to the smoke shop to pick up my wood tipped congratulatory Black & Mild cigar. I hit I5 and lit up my cigar and drove home. 

 What an amazing weekend. I’ll never forget it. Till next time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment