Monday, September 28, 2020

Weekend Review for 9/26 - 27/20. Whatcom Falls Park/ Southwest County Park.

  Friday night I met Sarah and we went to froyo. There’s a little spot called Flirt in Lake Stevens. I got the cake batter cause hell yeah. It was a fun little dessert date. After that I headed home and passed out. 

 Saturday I woke up and headed out to Bellingham to Whatcom Falls Park. I read on AllTrails that the perimeter was 4.5 miles. Cool. And a waterfall, yes please. I got there and it was raining which I expected and I tried to find the trail. Well after some trail and error. See what I did there? Haha. I found the trail and was off. The rain made the little pond look cool. There was some old train track bridge there and the old wood with it being water logged was very cool. Throughout the trail, I did get off course a couple times, but that’s part of the fun too. 

 I got to the waterfalls from the other side of the trail. You don’t even have to walk the trail to get to them. You can walk down the parking lot and they’re right there. But I wanted to walk the trail as well. So I took a lot of pictures and enjoyed the sound of the falls in the rain. I continued the trail and came to the last part and it was some steep stairs. I was like nope, not happening. So I turned around and started walking back. 

 On the way to the stairs, I had seen a sign for a lower water trail. So I decided to take that. I’m so glad I did. It did take you to the waters edge. After tons more pictures I continued on. Making my way back to the main waterfall it was time to call it done. I found Roger and tried to get dry as much as I could. I typed in the new bbq spot I found in Bellingham and I was on my way. 

 It turned out to be a sports bar, but eh. I wanted bbq. I got inside and I ordered bbq pulled pork, mac and cheese, it came with cornbread, and a side salad. Yum!! I poured my Mac and cheese on top of the pork and then drenched it all with the bbq sauce. So good! Now I do have a personal affection to Hops and Drops Big Tony’s BBQ Mac so I compare all others to Tony’s. But again it was very good and I would have it again. 

 Watching the football game and Army was kicking some ass with their plays. I was damn impressed for that being a college team. Not being able to finish my whole plate, I called it good and I took off. I wanted to hit the Burlington outlet mall to try and find the Nike training face mask. I got there, no masks, but they had the Kobe edition Jordan’s. I passed them up, but super cool. 

 Making my way down the freeway, I stopped at the Quilceda Outlets. The line for Nike was to the parking lot. I decided to go to Under Armour first to see if they had the training masks. First display was the masks. Sweet. Grabbed one of those and stood in line at Nike. There’s a girl trying to act like she was with me in line. She was denied by the doorman, but it was funny. Grabbed my shoes I was looking for and started standing in line. 

 Next was North Face to find a waterproof jacket. I finally got in the store and found a sweet black jacket. I should have looked for some waterproof pants, but oh well. Standing in lone to pay then I was on my way. I got home and got out of all my wet clothes and I started working on some homework and uploading my pictures from the adventure. Impatiently waiting for 8 to arrive I was trying to stay busy. 

 8 came and it was time to leave. I went to a friends house and had some amazing Philly cheesesteak sliders. I had seconds of those. Mmmm, so good. He made me a bbq pulled rib street taco. Holy shit! So good. They started playing some 90’s Snoop Dogg and we played some games. It was time to head home. 

 I woke up at 9 am and was trying to figure out what I was going to do in the afternoon. I decided on going to the Southwest County Park in Edmonds. The outer loop is 0.8 miles so I walked it 4 times. Nice 3.2 miles for the morning. I headed to the store and grabbed some lunch and went home. I ate my lunch and started doing some chores. 

Trouble had texted me saying she had received the paper sunflower I mailed to her. So cool! 6:00 showed up and it was time for me to get ready. I had made dinner reservations for Sarah and I. We met up and we were off to the restaurant. Having such an amazing time and great food to boot! I didn’t want the night to end, but I had work in the morning. I had boughten Trouble some orange steak and jasmine rice. I dropped that off at her place and I took off. I got home and passed out. It was an amazing weekend and I can’t wait for the next one. Till next time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment